Born in Church Hill, TN, the very place he still lives today, Gary Skelton, is happy to know that, from where He is planted, God will surely help him grow…
Gary is firmly committed to his relationship with Christ and to all that God has called Him to do. He has a tremendous love for music and it can be heard as he sings, but his love for God super cedes that love. This is what is most important to him as He sings; that people will hear and see Jesus through his songs. His mission is to take the message of Christ to a lost and dying world. Gary also plays rhythm, bass, and steel guitar. He believes music is meant to uplift and to entertain believers as well. His sentiment is that being a Christian should be the greatest reason to have a great time and, that above all, the LOVE of Christ is the answer to every question a human heart may have.
His favorite verse is the most appropriate reflection of his faith and his commitment to share the love of Christ with everyone he meets. Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Gary accepted Christ at seven years old at a revival service. He was baptized in the Holston River in northeast Tennessee. Gary sang his first song in church just a year later, at the tender age of eight. The name of that song was “Man On The Middle Cross.” Gary continued to sing and eventually joined the Victory Quartet in the 1970’s. He recorded three albums with them before he was finished that season of his life. God knew the plans He had for Gary as a young man and they continue to unfold today.
Gary has a wonderful wife, who completely supports his endeavor, named Barbie. She is as passionate about Gary’s call as he is. Her encouragement is what has helped Gary to keep pressing in and pressing on. He has three great kids and three grandchildren. Some of his favorite things to do are to quail hunt and to fish. He also likes old muscle cars, especially from the 1960s. He really enjoys being on the water. He tolerates his wife’s cats because he loves her. He grew up on a farm, so he is not afraid to get dirty, to work hard, to be a neighbor, a true friend, and like family to everyone he meets. When you meet Gary Skelton, you will instantly feel you met a life long friend.
Gary has traveled all over the nation and has been in all 48 contiguous US states. He looks forward to returning to your state to share hope, ministry, and friendship with you. He is available to sing for your church service, revival, and special event.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible to be the infallible Word of God, that it is His holy and inspired Word, and that it is of supreme and final authority.
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate.
- That all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross.
- That Christ rose from the dead and is coming soon.
- In holy Christian living, and that we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellowmen.
- We must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives.